Places to visit: Pisaq – Ollantaytambo – Chinchero – Urubamba
Spend a beautiful day taking Sacred Valley Classic Trip – This Classic Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas is one of the most popular tours among of any Cusco and Peru tours. This full day experience to the Sacred Valley is perfect for those who want to visit the best highlights of the Sacred Valley of Peru. During our Sacred Valley Tour, visit the amazing Pisac ruins (famous for its massive agricultural terraces and a great cemetery), Pisac Indian Market, the Ruins of Ollantaytambo, and small town of Chinchero for a colorful traditional weaving demonstration.
Besides, this Sacred Valley Classic Trip comes with stop-offs on the way like the visit Llama and Alpaca farm at Awanakancha (a perfect place to learn about these native animals of Peru, and also experience a demonstration of how the textiles in this area are dyed and woven by hand), and other stops at scenic points to witness the beauty and take some stunning photos of the Sacred Valle of the Incas.
- TOUR TYPE: Sightseeing, Cultural Adventure & Historical
- SCHEDULES: Our tours leave at 7:30 AM / until 5:30 PM or 6:00 PM
- DURATION: 9 – 10 Hours Approx. This day tour takes all day including the Inca cities, archeological sites and the traditional markets
- MEETING PLACE: Customer’s hotel located in Cusco
- END PLACE: Customer’s hotel located in Cusco or Sacred Valley (Ollantaytambo or Urubamba)
- ACTIVITY LEVEL: Easy to Moderate
- GROUP SIZE: Operated as a Private Tour ONLY – Minimum 02 people to confirm departure ANY DATE SUIT FOR YOU! You decide the size of your group. Highly recommended
- PLACES TO EXPLORE: Awanakancha Alpaca Farm, Pisac (ruins & Market), Ollantaytambo, and Chinchero for the traditional weaving demonstration.
Our guide will pick you up from your hotel at 7:30 a.m. We will begin our descent into the Sacred Valley through a path that winds around the mountains north of Cusco. On the way, we will stop at El Mirador de Taray to enjoy a beautiful view of the entire Sacred Valley and begin to learn about ancient Inca history.
The Incan complexes to be found in the Sacred Valley:
Is located 33 km northwest of Cusco. There can be found two attractions: the Incan citadel and the colonial town with its traditional handicraft market. The authentic Incan city is seated on a precipitous mountain above the current Pisac town. This impressive citadel extends to 4 kilometers. The citadel involves ceremonial (spiritual) centre with Inti Watana (Sun Clock), temples showing perfect stone masonry, several water canals, ceremonial baths, military zone, residential zone as well as loads of Inca´s tombs placed in holes on a cliff. The entire citadel is surrounded by agricultural terraces placed on steep slopes.
Is a lovely city and an unofficial capital of the Sacred Valley. Urubamba abounds with lovely weather which is the warmest of the entire valley. The city is also rich in many lovely tourist restaurants offering buffet lunch consisting of typical Andean cuisine.
Is the last still alive Incan town! The town has been continuously populated for over 700 years. Its streets are paved with cobblestones and you can see many authentic water channels all across the town. The biggest highlight of the town is its Incan complex that served once as a temple as well as a fortress. The complex is surrounded by precipitous terraces that had also a protecting purpose. On the top of the complex, a ceremonial area can be found, which represents an amazing example of Inca´s architecture. The ceremonial area involves three really huge stones that perfectly fit to each other. The complex witnessed one of the most important battles when Spanish conquistadors were defeated by the Incan ruler Manco Inca.
Is a small town just 28 km far away from Cusco. It is surrounded by the snowy peaks of Salkantay, Soray and Veronica. There can be found ruins of the palace of Tupac Yupanqui (an Inca’s ruler) destroyed by Spaniards in 1607 to be built a colonial church called “Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de Monserrat” on its top in order to demonstrate their dominance. This entire site is surrounded by many Incan agricultural terraces. Chinchero can also pride in beautiful and fine weaved textiles having typical designs of the site. The textiles as well as other handicraft can be found in their daily typical market.
Sacred Valley Tour Includes:
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco or Cusco airport.
- A professional tour guide.
- Private and comfortable transportation with a professional driver.
- Return to your hotel in Cusco or Sacred Valley (Ollantaytambo or Urubamba).
- Buffet Lunch.
Sacred Valley Tour not include:
- Admission tickets to enter the archaeological sites: All sites visited on this tour require the Tourist Ticket. You can buy this ticket at your first stop for 70 soles for a day pass, or 130 soles for the 10-day pass.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips (guide and driver).
- We suggest wearing suitable sneakers or shoes, it will climb many steps.
- Bring a small backpack and along with your camera, bring a hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent and a bottle of water
- In Pisac, don’t forget to try the empanaditas and bring some craft souvenirs.
Price $115.00 USD per Person
Methods of Payment
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm your reservation.
There are additional fees associated with this method of payment, which will be paid by the client.
Name: EDWIN EDUARDO
Surname: MALDONADO CHALLCO
Address: MANAHUAÑUNCA F-1
Receiver’s ID: 70487755
After sending payment, please send us an e-mail with the following information: Transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), a ten-digit number.
If you’d like to pay via PayPal or a direct bank deposit, please note that a 10% fee applies.
Please add this amount to the tour cost to cover the transaction costs. Our PayPal email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all methods of payment, please include the following information in your reservation email:
- Copies of all passport(s).
- Start date for your trip.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]