Places to visit: Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain
Spend a beautiful day exploring the Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain – This alternative tour to Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain, also known as three Rainbow Mountains Palccoyo day tour, is a new route that includes relatively a short walk and gentle to reach to the spectacular natural wonder of the Palccoyo Rainbow Mountains, boasting colorful striated rock formations or layers of sediment exposed by erosion. During our Palccoyo Mountain Tour, enjoy the hidden landscapes of traditional living within the Rainbow Mountain region, red valleys, amazing rock formations, terraces in the mountains, including the herds of alpacas and llamas as well as the spectacular panoramic views of the three distinct Rainbow Mountains Palccoyo peaks and the most unique views of Ausangate glacier in distance in only a short 30-45 min walk. Then, on the way back, we stop for a visit to Incan colonial and republican bridges in Checacupe town.
Palccoyo Tour Highlights
- Experience beautiful views of the Palccoyo “Rainbow” Mountain while avoiding the crowds
- Marvel at the stunning Andes mountain range on the Palccoyo Mountain one day tour and see the llamas and alpacas.
- Stroll through the fascinating Rock Forest and enjoy breathtaking views of the red valley and Ausangate mountain
- During your hike, pass through these hidden landscapes of traditional living within the Rainbow Mountain region
- On the way, stop at the quaint village of Checacupe to see Colonial and Inca bridges
Itinerary for Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain
CUSCO – CUSIPATA – PALCCOYOC – CUSCO.
Our pick-up will be from 6:50 am in the main square of Cusco, then travel for a period of 3 hours to the station or road tip of the Palccoyoc mountain range, then we will begin the walk of 1 hour maximum to our goal the mountain range and thus to appreciate this beautiful place, we will also visit the forest of stones and the other mountains of colors. Along the route we can appreciate llamas and alpacas as well as local people.
After our visit we will return for a period of 1 hour to our restaurant to have lunch (buffet), the food consists of typical dishes of the area and tourist dishes that will be to your liking and satisfaction, then we will have to return to Cusco in the afternoon Between 6pm we will be in the city of Cusco.
Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain Includes:
- Assistance and detailed talk about the excursion (01 or 02 days before the walk), delivery of maps of the
- Palccoyo mountain range of colors.
- Transportation Cusco – Palccoyo (round trip).
- 02 hiking poles to the colorful mountain range
- 01 rain poncho (it is not known when it will rain even though it is dry season)
- 1 Consistent breakfast to go and hot drinks
- Entrance ticket
- 1 delicious lunch in Pitumarca
- First aid kit / oxygen bottle / medication / altitude pill, etc.
- Accredited professional tour guide
Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain Include
- Drinks except as mentioned
- Food except as mentioned
- Extra expenses
- Air flights
- Emergency horse
- Trekking shoes
- 20L or 30L backpack
- Rain poncho
- Dry Fit T-shirts
- 1 trekking pants
- Warm jacket
- Coca leaves
- Cap, hat and gloves
- Sunscreen, toilet paper
- Sunglasses, bottle of water
- Personal medications (headache, anti-inflammatory medications)
- Extra money (preferably in soles).
Price $120.00 USD per Person
Methods of Payment
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm your reservation.
There are additional fees associated with this method of payment, which will be paid by the client.
Name: EDWIN EDUARDO
Surname: MALDONADO CHALLCO
Address: MANAHUAÑUNCA F-1
Receiver’s ID: 70487755
After sending payment, please send us an e-mail with the following information: Transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), a ten-digit number.
If you’d like to pay via PayPal or a direct bank deposit, please note that a 10% fee applies.
Please add this amount to the tour cost to cover the transaction costs. Our PayPal email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all methods of payment, please include the following information in your reservation email:
- Copies of all passport(s).
- Start date for your trip.